Pages

May 23, 2013

Europe: Looking Ahead #2 (West End!)

We have a West End in Brisbane. Expensive boutiques and endless parks and gardens. In 3 weeks from today, I will be in FREAKING LONDON and seeing shows on THE West End! oh my rowling.
When we arrive in london we're going to hunt down the 'hole in the wall' where you can buy last-minute tickets etc, and book to see 2 or 3 shows (if we get time in between all the shopping). I'm hoping to see The Book of Mormon! I know ma would like to also see Billy Elliot again, as we saw it years ago when it showed in Sydney AUS. It was so amazing, one of the best i've seen right up there with Wicked. I would also love to see Matilda - the musical based on the book by Roald Dahl (i'm more familiar with the movie). The music was written by one of my absolute favourite musician/comedians Tim Minchin, and from the pieces i've seen so far it looks pretty special (I think it's up for a tony or two as well).
 

Who knows what we'll see. Either way, it'll be amazing because it will be on THE West End! 
R

P.S. I'll have to show you my collection of musical theatre programs sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment